- Types of Cream
- About Real Cream
- How to Store Cream
- Cream Tips & Tricks
- Cream Glossary
10% Half-and-Half or Blend Cream
An equal blend of whole cream and milk, 10% Half-and-Half or Blend cream is available in cartons and in shelf-stable boxes. Pour it over fresh fruit or in coffee, add a light creamy texture to chilled soups or use it in place of milk in recipes where you’d like just a little added richness.
- Silky Smooth Red Pepper & Sweet Potato Soup is absolutely delicious!
- Skip the trip to get take-out and make Chicken Supreme with Coriander at home.
- You don’t have to wait until the leaves are falling to make Autumn Quiche with Squash, Pears and Bacon. Cream makes it delicious any time of year.
- Take comfort with Christine’s Fabulous Rice Pudding and substitute 10% Half-and-Half cream for the whipping cream. Just whisk in 1 tbsp (15 mL) all-purpose flour to the milk and cream mixture before cooking.
- Turn your kitchen into a specialty café with White Chocolate Steamers for an after school snack.