How to Store Cream
To get the most from delicious cream, whatever type you choose, here are some general tips:
- Refrigerate cream as soon as possible after purchase.
- Opened cartons of cream should be refrigerated immediately after use and used up within 1 week.
- Store cream on refrigerator shelves where it is cooler, rather than in the refrigerator doors.
- Use the freshest cream possible and always use by the “best before date”. Buy smaller amounts more often rather than storing open, larger containers in the refrigerator.
- Cream doesn’t freeze well. Upon thawing it can separate and lose its creamy texture. If freezing foods such as soups or stews, add the cream after you reheat the thawed food.