Contest rules and regulations
“THE GREAT CREAM CHALLENGE” CONTEST
1. The “Great Cream Challenge” Contest is held by Dairy Farmers of Canada (the “Contest Organizers”). The Contest runs on the Internet from February 1, 2013 at 00:00:01 (ET) to December 31, 2013 at 11:59:59 p.m. (ET) (the “Contest Period”).
2. The Contest is open to residents of Canada (except Quebec and Territories) who have reached the age of majority where they reside. Employees, agents and representatives of the Contest Organizers, of any company, corporation, trust or other legal entity controlled by or affiliated to them, their advertising and promotional agencies, suppliers of prizes, material and services related to this Contest, Contest bloggers, as well as members of their immediate family (brothers, sisters, children, father, mother), their legal or common-law spouse and any individuals with whom such employees, agents, representatives and Contest bloggers are domiciled, are not eligible. “Cookies” must be accepted to enter the Contest.
HOW TO ENTER
No purchase necessary
3. Basic entry. To enter, you must vote for one of the three bloggers’ recipes featured in the month’s cream challenge on the Anyday magic website at www.dairygoodness.ca/cream/anyday-magic/cream-challenge/ (the “website”) during the Contest Period. Proceed as follows:
3.1 On the home page, click on “vote now!” to access the page displaying the three recipes of the month.
3.2 Choose the recipe you want to vote for and click on “check it out & vote” to access the page showing the recipe of the month you have chosen.
3.2 Click on “vote now!” and complete the electronic entry form (the “Entry Form”) by entering your first name, email and postal code. Enter the characters which must be reproduced for security purposes and declare that you have read and agree to the Contest Rules. Click on “vote for this recipe” and you will be entered into the monthly draw (the basic entry). Basic entries are not cumulative for the next month draw
4. Extra entries. After completing your entry in the Contest, you will be invited to share the recipe you voted for with your friends. Obtain up to four extra entries in the Contest by clicking on the icon of the platform you want to use: Facebook, Twitter, G+ or email (the “Platforms”) and follow the instructions given on the screen to share the recipe and obtain your extra entry. Extra entries are not cumulative for the next month draw.
5. Entry limits. Entrants must respect the following limits otherwise they may be disqualified:
5.1 One basic entry per person per month.
5.2 One extra entry per Platform per person per month, up to a maximum of four extra entries per person per month.
5.3 The use of only one Social Network account per person.
6. One prize per month is offered, for a total of eleven prizes during the Contest Period. The prize consists of a Cuisinart Blend ’N Cook Soup and Beverage Maker (model # SBC-1000C), of an approximate value of $ 200.
7. Prize limit. There is a limit of one prize per person and per household during the Contest Period.
8. At 12:00 p.m. on the first working day of each month, from March 2013 to January 2014, at the office of the fulfilment house of the conduct of the draw located in Mississauga, a random draw of one eligible entry will be held among all basic and extra entries registered during the previous month.
9. Odds of winning. The odds of an entrant’s entry(ies) being selected depend on the number of basic and extra entries registered during the month preceding the draw.
AWARDING OF PRIZES
10. To be declared a winner, any selected entrant must:
10.1 Be reached by phone or by e-mail, at the sole discretion of the Contest Organizers, within ten days of the draw. If a selected entrant is reached by email, he/she must reply in accordance with the instructions given in the email, as the case may be. In the case of the return of an email prize notification as undeliverable, the Contest Organizers will have the entire discretion to disqualify the entrant’s entry or to try to reach him/her by phone.
10.2 Correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question on the Declaration and Release Form (the “Declaration Form”) that the Contest Organizers will provide him/her by mail, fax or e-mail.
10.3 Fill out and sign the Declaration Form to the effect that he/she has fulfilled all the requirements of these Contest Rules, and return it to the Contest Organizers for them to receive it within ten days of its receipt.
10.4 Upon request and in a timely manner, provide an identification card with photography.
11. Failure to comply with one of the conditions mentioned in these Contest Rules or to accept the prize will cause the selected entrant to be disqualified. In such a case, the Contest Organizers may, at their sole discretion, cancel the prize or hold a new draw until an entrant is selected and declared a winner.
12. Within two to four weeks following the receipt of the duly completed and signed Declaration Form, the Contest Organizers will have the prize delivered to winners.
13. Verification. Entry Forms and Declaration Forms are subject to verification by the Contest Organizers. Any Entry Form or Declaration Form which is, as the case may be, incomplete, illegible, mutilated, fraudulent, obtained from an unauthorized source, received or submitted late, bearing an invalid email or postal code, not bearing the correct answer to the mathematical skill-testing question or otherwise noncompliant shall be rejected and will not entitle to an entry or to a prize, as the case may be.
14. Disqualification. The Contest Organizers reserve the right to disqualify a person or to cancel one or several entries of a person who participates or tries to participate in this Contest by using methods that do not comply with these Contest Rules or that are unfair to other entrants (e.g. entries exceeding the authorized limit, use of multiple Social Networks accounts). Such a person may be reported to the appropriate legal authorities.
15. Conduct of the Contest. Any attempt to sabotage the legitimate conduct of this Contest constitutes a violation of civil and criminal laws. Should there be any such attempts, the Contest Organizers reserve the right to reject the entrant’s entries and obtain legal or equitable relief under applicable laws.
16. Acceptance of prize. Prizes must be accepted as described in these Contest Rules and may not, in any case, be in whole or in part transferred to another person, replaced by another prize or exchanged for cash, except as provided in the section below.
17. Substitution of prize. In the event where it would be impossible, difficult and/or more costly for the Contest Organizers to award a prize (or a portion thereof) as described in these Contest Rules, they reserve the right to award a prize (or portion thereof) of the same kind and of equivalent value or, at their sole discretion, the cash value of a prize (or portion thereof) as indicated in the Contest Rules.
18. Liability limit: use of the prize. By entering the Contest, any entrant selected for a prize releases and holds harmless the Contest Organizers, any company, corporation, trust or other legal entity controlled by or affiliated to them, their advertising and promotional agencies, the Contest bloggers, their employees, agents and representatives (the “Released Parties”) from and against any damage resulting from the acceptance or use of the prize.
19. Prize warranty. Any entrant selected for a prize acknowledges the only warranty applicable to the prize is the standard manufacturer warranty, if applicable.
20. Liability limit: conduct of the Contest. The Released Parties disclaim all liability for any of the following that may limit or prevent any entrant from reading the Contest rules: malfunctioning of any computer component, software or communications line; loss or lack of a communications network; or any transmission that is faulty, incomplete, incomprehensible or erased by any computer or network. The Released Parties also disclaim all liability for any damages or loss that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by the downloading of any web page or software or by the transmission of any information related to participation in the Contest.
21. Contest modification. The Contest Organizers reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest in whole or in part, should human intervention or an event take place that could alter or affect the administration, security, impartiality or conduct of the Contest as provided in these Contest Rules.
22. Termination of participation in the Contest. In the event that participation in the Contest must be terminated in whole or in part before the closing date provided in these Contest Rules, for whatever reason, the Contest Organizers may, at their sole discretion, proceed with the monthly draw among the entries duly registered up to the date of the event ending participation in the Contest.
23. Prize limit. In no event shall the Contest Organizers be required to award more prizes than indicated in these Contest Rules or to award a prize otherwise than in compliance with these Contest Rules.
24. Liability limit: participation in the Contest. Persons who enter or try to enter this Contest release the Released Parties from any liability for damage these said persons may incur as a result of their entry or their attempt to enter the Contest.
25. Authorization. By entering this Contest, any entrant selected for a prize authorizes the Contest Organizers and their representatives to use, if required, his/her name, photo, likeness, voice, place of residence and/or statement regarding a prize for publicity purposes, without any form of compensation.
26. Communication with entrants. No communication or correspondence related to this Contest shall be exchanged with entrants except as provided for in these Contest Rules or at the Contest Organizers’ initiative.
27. Personal information. Entrants’ personal information collected for the purpose of the Contest will only be used to administer the Contest. No commercial or other communications unrelated to the Contest will be sent to entrants unless they have otherwise agreed to receive such communications.
28. Property. Entry Forms and Declaration Forms are the property of the Contest Organizers and shall not in any case be returned to entrants.
29. Entrant identification. For the purposes of these Contest Rules, the entrant is the person whose first name and email appear on the Entry Form and it is to this person to whom the prize will be awarded if he/she is selected and declared a winner.
30. Contest Organizers’ decision. Any decision by the Contest Organizers or their representatives regarding this Contest is final and without appeal.
31. Unenforceability. If a section of the Contest Rules is declared or deemed illegal, unenforceable or invalid by a competent court, that section shall be considered invalid, but all unaffected sections will be applied within the limits of the law.
32. Language. In case of any discrepancy between the French and English versions of these Contest Rules, if a French version is available, the English version shall prevail.
33. Social networks. This Contest is not managed or sponsored by Facebook, Twitter or G+ (the “Social Networks”). Any question, comment or complaint regarding the Contest must be directed to the Contest Organizers and not to the Social Networks. The respective Social Networks and all their affiliates, directors, officers, agents and employees are not liable for any claims arising out of or in connection with the organization of this Contest. However, by participating in this Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by the terms and conditions of use, contracts, other policies and/or guidelines governing the Social Networks platforms and releases the Released Parties from and against any damage that could arise from the use of those platforms.