- Course Side Dishes
- Prep. Time 1 hr
- Cooking Time 35 - 45 mins
- Yields 12 to 15 brioches
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C)
1. In a saucepan, heat ¾ cup (180 ml) milk along with sugar on low heat until it dissolves. Remove from heat, add yeast and set aside while the yeast activates.
2. In a large bowl, beat eggs along with sour cream and remaining ½ cup (125 ml) milk. Add contents of saucepan, melted butter and salt while stirring with a whisk.
3. Add both flours while stirring with a wooden spoon. Finish by adding flours by hand until dough no longer sticks to fingers. Knead dough for a few minutes on a floured surface.
4. Set dough ball in a large buttered bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest away from drafts until dough has doubled in size, about 45 minutes.
5. On a floured surface, use a rolling pin to spread the dough out to a thickness of ½˝ (1 cm). Brush with alfredo sauce, and top with bacon, parsley and Brick cheese.
6. Roll dough onto itself over the filling. Cut roll into 12 to 15 slices and lay flat in a buttered, oven-safe rectangular dish. Bake for 35 minutes or until golden. Serve hot or cold.
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
Nutritional InfoPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||15 % / 164 mg|
*percentage of daily value
*Note: The daily value (DV) is established by Health Canada and corresponds to the daily quantity recommended for each nutrient. The percentage of the daily value (% DV) indicates the proportion of the nutrient provided by a serving of the recipe, in comparison with the quantity recommended.
This recipe contains 1/3 milk product serving(s) per person.
Did you know that only 1 in 3 Canadians get enough daily milk products? Make sure you do! Learn more:GetEnough.ca
What's Cooking NowSee all
100% Canadian milk produces award winning cheese. Meet some of the winners from the 2011 Canadian Cheese Grand Prix.see all the reasons